- RSS Channel Showcase 9682213
- RSS Channel Showcase 9434689
- RSS Channel Showcase 2955717
- RSS Channel Showcase 1746630
Articles on this Page
- 07/09/18--06:14: _Julie Delpy on film...
- 07/10/18--19:11: _Director/Writer/Pro...
- 07/12/18--01:55: _Dolly Parton: highl...
- 07/13/18--08:33: _Arianna Huffington ...
- 07/14/18--09:03: _Jenny McCarthy on m...
- 07/15/18--21:36: _Empowering yourself...
- 07/16/18--15:54: _Strong women charac...
- 07/17/18--22:25: _Creativity and wome...
- 07/09/18--06:14: Julie Delpy on filmmaking
- 07/10/18--19:11: Director/Writer/Producer Mira Nair
- 07/12/18--01:55: Dolly Parton: highly sensitive
- 07/13/18--08:33: Arianna Huffington on empowering yourself
- 07/14/18--09:03: Jenny McCarthy on motherhood and guilt
- 07/15/18--21:36: Empowering yourself: not apologizing anymore for your strengths
- 07/16/18--15:54: Strong women characters – on and off screen
- 07/17/18--22:25: Creativity and women: the documentary Who Does She Think She Is?
A screenplay at seventeen On her film “2 Days in Paris” Julie Delpy [far right] has credits as actor, writer, director, co-producer, composer, editor, and even still photographer. She wrote a screenplay at seventeen, but didn’t get a chance to make it into a film. Krzysztof Kieslowsk, director of the “Three Colors” trilogy, advised her […]
Mira Nair on topics for her films: “I want to question what the outside is and who defines it. I often find those that are considered to be on the outside extremely inspiring. They are the people who see through the double standards…” “…I know what it’s like to be in one place and dream […]
Dolly Parton – like many talented artists – has commented on being sensitive: “I’m a very sensitive person. I hurt real easy and real deep, which is why I think I have to write songs, [and] why so many of them fit the feelings of so many people that can’t write. “It’s because I feel […]
Arianna Huffington has talked about how she thinks women and men differ in our experiences of fear. In an interview, she commented: Fear is universal; we all have fear. There are two areas where women have more fear: one is our looks and our bodies, and we invest an enormous amount of time there. And […]
Jenny McCarthy was a guest on an Oprah and Eckhart Tolle’s A New Earth online class. She spoke about her complex emotional reactions in raising her autistic son Evan. Making the connection Jenny: You know, I read this book [A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle] when it first came out and that was one of […]
Susan Estrich – a male definition of power With the welcome reality of more women gaining corporate and political positions with high levels of power – all too often traditionally reserved for men – what do women think about power? “The world would be a better place if more women were running it, and so […]
The post Empowering yourself: not apologizing anymore for your strengths appeared first on The Creative Mind.
On screen, there are many “strong women” who inspire us. I have felt real pleasure and admiration seeing a woman character take action against an evil force, for example – Sigourney Weaver in “Aliens” and Helen Mirren in “Prime Suspect” to mention just a couple of “classics.” And Geena Davis as the President is at […]
From review by Pauline on CHICKS ROCK! : “This documentary film follows the trials and tribulations of five women artists, and how they maintain the shaky balance between motherhood and art in their lives. It is the kind of movie everyone should see, but may not be able to because of limited media coverage. “Who […]
The post Creativity and women: the documentary Who Does She Think She Is? appeared first on The Creative Mind.